Business development professional with a passion for evolving cutting edge products and services at the vanguard of innovation and commerce; building a more connected, integrated, and sustainable future.
Led 22-person council; worked on multiple areas of focus, including education and awareness, communication, resource stewardship, and Green Team growth and support.
• Oversaw Council-wide initiatives, programs, and monthly meetings; cultivated corporate culture of sustainability through leadership and innovation
• Increased environmentally-themed training courses to 4,420 from 1,922 in 2014 resulting in a more engaged and aware workforce
• Eliminated 44.1 GWh of annualized energy waste and $1M in avoided energy costs, reduced domestic energy use by 3%, and decreased domestic greenhouse gas emissions by 17.5% (2016) through hands-on leadership and setting clear targets and action plans for the relevant Employee Resource groups.
• Received sustainability awards, including Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World, Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Corporate Knights’ Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada, Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, as a result of the number of successful initiatives performed and industry KPIs exceeded.
• Connected and empowered team members, customers, and partners by collaboratively aligning business objectives with sustainability goals.
Owned TELUS’ Public Cloud portfolio; supported cloud products that catered to enterprise and medium-sized business customers. Oversaw quality, process, and value chain improvement initiatives.
• Led project to integrate Amazon Web Services (AWS) into TELUS Managed Cloud portfolio, working closely with cross-functional teams and Amazon’s Partner Development Team, becoming AWS’ first Canadian telecom partner (2017).
• Improved ordering processes significantly, increasing speed of delivery and accuracy of new customer orders and change requests.
• Drove 60% reduction in process turnaround times and established 98% order accuracy record, delivering 99% (2017) of orders / requests within provisioning window
• Created training and support documents for sales channel, operations, and front-line teams, including FAQs and technical articles for cloud customer portal, resulting in more streamlined and agile processes also resulting in 30% reduction in inbound inquiries over a two year period.
Oversaw eclectic council to drive organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusiveness (ability, experience, gender, sexual orientation, race, culture).
• Played key role in developing community-focused marketing programs, establishing TELUS as preferred service provider amongst diverse communities.
• Instrumental in bringing awareness to value of diversity while supporting growth of team member resource groups.
• Spearheaded council’s journey, marking major milestones: established new corporate leadership philosophy, including specific commitment to diversity, created supplier diversity program, and sponsored National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation.
• Received numerous prestigious industry awards, including Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Best Employers for New Canadians, and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Provided end-to-end management for $65M Private Line portfolio (highly lucrative, legacy product).
• Ensured reliable flow of capital to finance various new product initiatives and innovations by leveraging yearly Price Cap submissions and cost reductions.how did you do this (specifically).
• Delivered balanced operations plan, directing sunset of critical ‘backbone’ product while maintaining reliability and high quality for enterprise and public-sector customers, including federal air and marine navigation systems.
• Submitted yearly CRTC Price Cap submissions, maintaining robust revenue flows.
• Increased revenue 10% (over 3-year period) for product in ‘decline’ life-cycle stage.
Delivered coaching, feedback, and training to 45-member team of frontline agents that delivered residential products and services to national market. Provided relief management for 13 frontline teams.
• Established inaugural TELUS Optik TV team (formerly TELUS TV) first team first as local market alternative, subsequently growing team into major market player with over 1M customers.
• Created recognition / incentive programs for front-line agents nationally increasing revenue and team member engagement.
• Developed training program with emphasis on quality service delivery, improving service excellence; helped organization achieve preferred service provider status and increased customer likelihood-to-recommend (L2R) rating.
Opened country’s first all-native English-speaking Language Institute with instructors from New Zealand, UK, Canada, and USA, servicing clients from University students to business professionals. 100+ successful IELTS and TOEFL tests written and high-profile corporate clients such as Iranian Oil and Petroleum Company and the national delegation to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Established or reopened 22 restaurants and hotels in Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island areas, achieving 91% success in industry experiencing 59% failure rate.
B.A. Comparative Religion
President of 2 AMS Student Groups